lunes, 29 de mayo de 2017

Week One Complete!

Hello again to all 3 of you who are reading this (Thanks mom). So its officially been a week in Spain and I'm fairly certain I'm just not going to come home after this trip. I love it here so much! I think part of the reason I love it so much is because I'm constantly busy. Whether it be touring the city with my class, visiting new places like monuments and the beach, or walking around town with my roommates in a direction that I can only describe as "confused bumble bee," I always have something to do. The sightseeing is by far my favorite thing to do here. Everything has some form of historical value and you can't just see a building without there being some form of significance. I have quickly learned that this city has been built essentially "from the ground up." Rather than tear down old buildings for the new ones, they build on top of or around it, resulting in an amazing mix of old and new architecture styles. This is something I haven't really experienced back in the states and I love it. A prime example of this architecture is the cathedral and the Alcázar as pictured below.

           
Cathedral

   
Real Alcázar

Not only is the city amazing, but this weekend my roommates and I got to travel an hour south to Matalascañas, a beach right on the ocean. It has an amazing view and an an even more amazing way of tricking you into thinking it's not that hot there. Yes, I did get burned. Yes, it's that bad. Moving on. I have posted here three whole times and not yet talked about the food. For those of you who know me well, this is highly uncharacteristic. Yes, I know I mentioned that I was trying new foods, but that doesn't count if you love food as much as I do. So here it is officially: my food post. It is amazing, however it is super salty in yet another attempt on top of the heat to kill me via dehydration. I highly recommend it, because although I might keel over any day now, at least you will know I died happy. Pictures below:

      
Hasta Luego!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario